Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Pintesters: Acorn painting

 This fun activity was found here as I was browsing Pinterest. 

You will need:
An empty oatmeal canister
construction paper
acorns
paint
 Line the oatmeal canister with your paper and add some dollops of paint to the inside or the canister also. Toss a few acorns inside. Close the lid and shake it up. That's the really fun part!
 I loved that this was a mess free painting activity. I also liked that my 1 and a half year old and my four year old could both do it. I often try to find activities that they can both do so neither of them feels left out. This was PERFECT! It's definitely a do over. My four year old especially liked it. For some reason he is really into collecting acorns and playing with them. Fun, fun, fun, fall activity! This can also be done for other occasions using marbles, similar to this activity we did a while back. 
Score: a big 10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment